Please read the instructions below carefully and make sure to follow all steps.
1. Download APPLICATION 2020 and complete it.
The form is fillable; therefore, you are strongly encouraged to type in the information. You will be asked to describe your academic and non-academic achievements, write two essays and a financial statement, and fill out a transcript translation form and the financial aid form. NOTE: The name you use in the application must match exactly the name on the identification document (ID) or passport.
2. Prepare 2 RECOMMENDATION LETTERS for submission. Letters should be from a teacher, school director or other individual who could speak to your academic abilities and potential in the area of your career choice. Letters must be signed and stamped, and contain recommenders’ full names and job titles. If recommendation letters are not in English, they must be translated into English. Both original and translated copies must be submitted.
3. Prepare a profile PHOTO.
4. Prepare copies of TOEFL/IELTS, SAT or ACT score reports (if taken within the past year)
5. Collect all required financial documents following the list below. The list of documents is also available in Russian.You don’t need to transklate the financial documents.
FOR CITIZENS OF UZBEKISTAN ONLY: Given the abbreviated timeline, Uzbek students are allowed to submit supporting financial documents listed below later, if they advance to the semifinalist stage of the competition. However, students are REQUIRED to fill out the financial part of the application at this stage.
Mandatory FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS or THEIR EQUIVALENTS:
- Document identifying the list of family members.
- Copy of the national ID for applicants from Kyrgyzstan or copy of international passport for applicants from other Central Asian countries.
- Document from accounting office of parents’ /spouse’s/ guardians’ workplace certifying their income for a period of one year.
- Document from parents’/guardians’ pension fund for the period of one year.
- Document from the ministry of justice or the local department of justice certifying availability/absence of any real estate for all adult family members/guardians.
- Document from traffic authorities certifying the availability/absence of transportation means (car, truck, motorcycle etc.) owned by any adult family members/guardians.
If relevant, additional DOCUMENTS:
- If parents/guardians/spouse are unemployed, an official document certifying their status must be submitted.
- If parent(s)/guardians/spouse have their own business, the following documents should be submitted: document certifying their registration in Tax Committee; Income Declaration for a period of one year.
- If parents are pensioners, please provide an official document that shows the pension payments they have received for one year.
- In case of divorce, single parenthood or death of one/both parents, a document certifying such facts must be submitted.
- If there is a family member with a serious medical condition that requires constant medical attention and expenses, a medical certificate should be submitted. If any government support is provided, a document indicating the amount of support should be provided.
- If parents/guardians secured a loan from a bank, e.g. to purchase a house, pay tuition fees etc., please provide a copy of a bank agreement
- If applicant received full or partial scholarship to attend a private high school or university, he/she should present a copy of his/her award letter.
Additional documents may be requested depending on each applicant’s individual situation.
6. Now you are ready to assemble your application. Please assemble all required documents in the EXACT order indicated in the CHECKLIST below.
PLEASE NOTE: U.S.-CAEF reserves the right to verify the financial information provided in this application. Applicants who provide false or misleading information will be disqualified. In addition, American Councils conducts periodic inquiries into Fellows’ financial status once they are on program to verify the information reported in this application. If American Councils learns that a U.S.-CAEF Fellow has provided false information in his/her application, the Fellowship will be terminated immediately.
Please assemble all required documents in the EXACT order indicated in the CHECKLIST.
- Completed and signed APPLICATION 2020 (contains personal information, description of your academic and non-academic achievements, essays and financial statement)
- Your profile PHOTO
- Official TRANSCRIPTS (2)
- RECOMMENDATION LETTERS (2)
- TOEFL/IELTS, SAT or ACT score reports (if available)
- FINANCIAL AID DOCUMENTS (if available)
1. Make a copy of your completed and signed application and all other enclosed documents listed in the CHECKLIST, except financial documents. You don’t need to make copies of your financial documents, and you don’t need to translate your financial documents.
2. Bring or mail TWO sets of your application, including enclosed documents (one original and one photocopy) and ONE set of financial documents to the American Councils office in your home country by 17:00, March 6th, 2020.
Thank you for your time. Good luck with your application!
AMERICAN COUNCILS REPRESENTATIVE OFFICES IN CENTRAL ASIA
20A KAZYBEK BI STREET,
ALMATY, KAZAKHSTAN, 050010
+7 727 291 9226
187 SYDYKOV STREET, OFFICE # 29
BISHKEK, KYRGYZ REPUBLIC, 720001
+996 312 910 987
127 RUDAKI AVENUE
DUSHANBE, TAJIKISTAN, 734003
+992 44 600-4390
12 SHOTA RUSTAVELI STREET,
TASHKENT, UZBEKISTAN, 100070
PHONE: +998 78 150 71 50