Submit your MERIT and FINANCIAL AID applications, following the instructions below.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT BOTH APPLICATIONS RESULTS IN DISQUALIFICATION OF APPLICANTS
Each application should be done in ONE sitting. If you do not finish your application in one sitting, all information will be lost, and you will have to fill out the form again. Please read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid such situations. Make sure your name in your application matches exactly the name on your identification document (ID) or passport.
MERIT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Prepare all documents listed below before you start filling out the online form.Download Merit Application 2020
- Download MERIT APPLICATION 2020 and complete it. The form is fillable. Please type in the information. The form will prompt you to describe your academic and non-academic achievements, submit two essays, and fill out a transcript translation form.
- Prepare copies of your school transcripts (read instructions about transcript requirements in MERIT APPLICATION 2020). Enter your grades in the TRANSCRIPT TRANSLATION FORM included in the MERIT APPLICATION.
- Prepare 2 RECOMMENDATION LETTERS for submission. Letters should be from a teacher, school director or other individual who could speak to your academic abilities and potential in the area of your career choice. Letters must be signed and stamped, and contain recommenders’ full names and job titles. If recommendation letters are not in English, they must be translated into English. Both original and translated copies must be submitted in a PDF file.
- Prepare a PROFILE PHOTO.
- Keep your passport information handy- you will be asked to enter your passport number and expiration date.
- Be ready to provide emergency contact information- this could be contact information for a parent, a guardian, a sibling, or any other person who we should contact in case we cannot reach out to you.
- Prepare copies of TOEFL/IELTS, SAT or ACT score reports (if taken within the past year)
- Prepare a folder with all application materials. Label each attachment as shown below in the checklist.
CHECKLIST FOR ATTACHMENTS
☐ Completed MERIT APPLICATION 2020 (label: Merit Application)
☐ Copies of all school TRANSCRIPT (label: Transcript-1; Transcript-2; Transcript-3)
☐ 2 RECOMMENDATION LETTERS (label: Recommendation-1; Recommendation-2)
☐ TOEFL/IELTS, SAT or ACT score reports (label: TOEFL; IELTS; SAT or ACT)
☐ Profile PHOTO (label: Photo)
How to submit your online MERIT APPLICATION
Now you are ready to fill out the online form. Select the link for your home country (below), complete the form, attach all documents following the list above and submit your application.
Select your home country below:
NOTE: Please remember that if you miss any required areas (marked with an asterisk*), you will not be able to submit your application.
Proceed to fill out the FINANCIAL AID Application following instructions below.
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Collect all required financial documents; label each document as shown in the list below in parentheses, and prepare a folder for attachments. The list is also available in Russian. You don’t need to translate financial documents.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
- Document identifying the list of family members. (FAMILY MEMBERS)
- Copy of the national ID for applicants from Kyrgyzstan or copy of international passport for applicants from other Central Asian countries. (ID)
- Document from accounting office of parents’ /spouse’s/ guardians’ workplace certifying their income for a period of one year. (INCOME)
- Document from parents’/guardians’ pension fund for the period of one year. (PENSION FUND)
- Document from the ministry of justice or the local department of justice certifying availability/absence of any real estate for all adult family members/guardians. (REAL ESTATE)
- Document from Traffic Authorities certifying the availability/absence of the transportation means (car, truck, motorcycle etc.) owned by any adult family members/guardians. (TRANSPORTATION)
WHEN RELEVANT, APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- If parents/guardians/spouse are unemployed, an official document certifying their status must be submitted. (UNEMPLOYMENT)
- If parent(s)/guardians/spouse have their own business, the following documents should be submitted: document certifying their registration in Tax Committee; Income Declaration for a period of one year. (BUSINESS)
- If parents are pensioners, please provide an official document that shows the pension payments they have received for one year. (PENSION PAYMENTS)
- In case of divorce, single parenthood or death of one/both parents, a document certifying such facts must be submitted. (DIVORCE or DEATH CERITIFICATE)
- If there is a family member with a serious medical condition that requires constant medical attention and expenses, a medical certificate should be submitted. If any government support is provided, a document indicating the amount of support should be provided. (MEDICAL CONDITION)
- If parents/guardians secured a loan from a bank, e.g. to purchase a house, pay tuition fees etc., please provide a copy of a bank agreement (LOANS)
- If applicant received full or partial scholarship to attend a private high school or university, he/she should present a copy of his/her award letter. (SCHOLARSHIP)
You don’t need to translate financial documents into English.
Additional documents may be requested depending on each applicant’s individual situation.
Now you are ready to fill out your online financial aid application. Select the link for applicants from your home country (below), complete the form, attach all documents and submit your application.
Select your home country:
NOTE: The name you use when you register must match exactly the name on the identification document (ID) or passport.
Thank you for your time. Good luck with your application!
AMERICAN COUNCILS REPRESENTATIVE OFFICES IN CENTRAL ASIA
20A Kazybek Bi Street,
Almaty, Kazakhstan, 050010
+7 727 291 9226
+7 727 291 9235
+7 727 291 9259
187 Sydykov Street, Office # 29
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic, 720001
+996 312 910 987
+996 312 910 988
+996 312 910 989
127 Rudaki Avenue
Dushanbe, Tajikistan, 734003
+992 44 600-4390
12 Shota Rustaveli Street,
Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 100070
+998 78 150 71 50